Promoters of Lavasa
The promoters are HCC group, Avantha Group, Venkateshwara Hatcheries and a private investor.
Current Share-holding Pattern in Lavasa Corporation Ltd. (LCL)
- HCC Group - 67.98 %
- Avantha Group - 17.00 %
- Venkateshwara Hatcheries - 8.80 %
- Mr. Maniar & Family - 6.22 %
The GoM has declared 18 villages namely, Dasve, Bhoini, Mugaon, Koloshi, Ugawli, Gadle, Dhamanohol, Sakhri, Wadavli, Admal, Patharshet, Padalghar, Palse, Bembatmal, Bhode in Mulshi Taluka and Mose Bk., Saiv Bk. and Warasgaon in Velhe Taluka of Pune district. The notification excludes all Forest areas. The total land thus notified, excluding forests is about 9313.4354 hec(23014 acres [93.17 sq. km]). This includes land submerge under the Warasgaon Lake admeasuring about 1748.242 hec(4320 acres [17.07 km]).
Current status of land held with Lavasa
- Lavasa intends to purchase a total of 5352.3723 hec(13226 acres) of land. Lavasa targets a total development of 5080.0189 hec(12553 acres) of land. Lavasa has purchased 3828.326 hec(9460 acres) of land and has entered into MoU for another 1524.046 hec(3766 acres).
- There is no compulsory acquisition of land. Land is purchased from voluntary sellers at market price through negotiations
The details of land are given below
||Area in sq. km.
||Area in Hectares
||Area of 18 revenue villages
||11896.949 (29398.00 acres)
||2583.513 (6384.00 acres)
||Area notified as hill station (1- 2)
||9313.4354 (23014.00 acres)
||1748.242 (4320.00 acres)
||Area available for development (3 - 4)
||7565.1934 (18694.00 acres)
||Land purchased by Lavasa
||3828.326 (9460.00 acres)
The Lavasa master plan spread over 5058.5705 hec(12500 acres) has been prepared by HOK. The development programme of Lavasa is spread over 5 towns in four periods as follows
||pre 2008 - 2011
||2012 - 2014
||Mugaon, Koloshi, Ugawli and Bhoini
||2015 - 2018
||Dhamanohol and Gadle
||Sakhri and Wadavli
||2019 - 2021
||Admal, Padalghar, Patharshet, Palse, Mose. Bk. Saiv Bk. Bhode, Warasgaon, Bembatmal
- Projected population - 3,00,000 persons
- Employment generation - 97000 jobs
- Tourists - 20 lakhs tourists per annum
- No. of trees planted - 6 lakh
- No. trees proposed to be planted - 30 lakhs
- Permission to cut trees - 3440 as of permission received till 12th Oct 2010
- Environment Clearance from State Govt. available for 2000 ha
- Consent to Establish and Consent to Operate from MPCB in place
- LCL has currently provided employment to 18801persons these include 12000 labourers and 6801 persons employed in LCL, its subsidiaries and other ventures.
- Employment provided to Local villagers is 444,
- 327 persons directly employed in LCL and its subsidiaries/ SPVs
- 117 persons employed with contractors or getting various jobs through them
- LCL has constructed 37 shops for the villagers and provided free water and electricity to 69 other shops in different villages in the project area.
- LCL arranges for a weekly bazaar every Sunday where about 110 stalls are put by the villagers every week
LCL has developed 2 gaothans in Dasve and one in Padalghar with roads, water supply and allied infrastructure. In all 53 houses have been provided to villagers ranging from 450 sq.ft. to 600 sq.ft.
| - Lower Gaothan Dasve - 12 Nos.
| - Upper Gaothan Dasve - 22 Nos.
| - Sajegaon (Dist. Raigad) - 5 Nos.|
| - Padalghar - 14 Nos.
| - Total - 53 Nos. |
LCL provides free medical facilities at its Primary Health Centre operational in Apollo Hospital. In the period from Jan to Oct 2010 about 1093 persons availed the medical services, free medicines worth more than Rs. 1 lakh have been distributed and the free ambulance service has been availed 21 times. Frequent health camps by specialized doctors are also conducted free of cost such as free eye check-up camp by Dr. Harinderjit Singh, MD from USA.
Project villages were dependent of drinking water from Natural resources. They had to travel a far distance to have the Drinking water. Considering their plight, LCL extended the facility to 11 villages free of cost whereby LCL is providing water through Tanker.
Drinking water to Villages
|Total Trips Per day
|Total Qnty (Ltrs)/Per Day
A crèche for 250 children is functional at Bhoini where children are given free breakfast/ midday meals and formal and non-formal education. The Creche is run by Tara Mobile Creche of Pune.
Construction of temples
Three temples one each at Gaothan No.1, Gaothan No.2 in Dasve and Dhamanohol have been constructed. One temple each at Mugaon, Bhoini, Admal and Kangurmal have also been constructed. LCL has also provided funds for construction of a temple at village Hingane Berdi, Taluka Daund where people from Mugaon have been rehabilitated.
Community development programmes
LCL regularly undertakes activities such as
- Superstition eradication programme
- Environment awareness programme
- Strengthening of women self-help-groups
- Distribution of school uniforms, since last 5 years 300 students each year have benefitted
- Aptitude test and personality development test for students
- Assisting the villagers in various social and religious functions
As bamboo is widely grown in the project area, LCL has tied up with KONBAC (Konkan Bamboo and Cane Development Centre), a part of INBAR (International Network for Bamboo & Rattan) to set up the Bamboosa to develop various artifacts and products from bamboo. INBAR is an intergovernmental international organization established by treaty. INBAR is the apex body of 37 member Countries and have their head office in China. Bamboosa provides employment to locals and also provides skill development programmes. LCL is also developing bamboo plantations.
Total water requirement - 45 MLD
Installed WTP till date - 3.4 MLD
Distribution pipelines - 325 km (total proposed)
Completed - 35 .5 km
Under development - 34.29 km
GSR constructed - 6 nos
- Aggregate water requirement for the estimated 3lakh population and annual tourist population of 20 lakhs by 2021 is 871 mcft. This requirement will be met by rainfall in the catchment area of the existing two dams and by the eight new check-dams that LCL has been granted permission to build.
In September 2002, LCL executed an agreement with the MKVDC pursuant to which LCL was granted permission to construct, at its own cost, two check-dams in the submergence area of the Warasgaon dam and six check-dams outside the submergence area but within the catchment area of the Warasgaon dam. The total capacity of the eight check-dams is expected to be 871 mcft.
In December 2003, LCL executed a similar agreement with the Irrigation Department of the Government of Maharashtra pursuant to which LCL was granted permission to construct two check-dams with a total capacity of 160 mcft on the catchment areas of the west-flowing rivers in Dhamanohol village. The total capacity of the 10 dams is expected to be 1,031 mcft.
These dams, particularly those at Dasve and Gadle, would create permanent bodies of water in these towns enabling the development of lakefront real estate. Within the allocation of 871 mcft of water from the Warasgaon catchment area, LCL is also seeking approval from the MKVDC to construct an additional check-dam in Mugaon in the submergence area of the Warasgaon dam. Without depriving the Warasgaon dam of its present storage, LCL plans to create additional bodies of water in the area to make Lavasa more self-sufficient with respect to its water needs.
Total sewage generation - 58.5 MLD
STP installed - 2.4 MLD
Under construction - 20 MLD
Temporary STP for Labour colonies etc totaling 6 in number are operational
Sewerage Network - 462 km (total proposed)
Completed - 51.5 km
Under development - 28.25 km
Internal road network - 263 km total planned
Completed - 40 km
Under development - 42.5 km
Inter-village roads - 53 km
Completed - 37 km
Under development - 13 km
LCL has constructed the main access road from Chandni Chowk to Pune on BOT basis. This includes
- Strengthening and widening of Pune(Chandni Chowk) -Paud SH 60 and Pirangut - Mutha SH 57 totaling 32 km
- Widening and strengthening of Mutha - Temghar MDR 27, of about 9.5km
- Construction of new road from Temghar - Dasve Entry Gate, of about 8 km, this has now been declared as ODR 66.
LCL has signed an agreement with the Pune Zilla Parishad for the operation and maintenance of following roads within the Lavasa project area
- Panshet - Dasve Road ODR No. 66, 29 KM, Tal: Velhe &Mulshi
- Dasve Bhoini Road ODR No. 66, 5.00 KM, Tal: Mulshi
- Bhoini - Dhamanohol Road ODR No.66, 18.00 KM, Ta1:Mulshi
- Dhamanohol-Gadle-Wadawali Road ODR No. 65
- Total solid waste expected - 97 tons/day
- Current waste generation - 2 tons/day
- Installed Organic Waste Converter - 1 ton/ day capacity
- Total connected load - 500 MW
- Completed - 34 MW
- Under development - 51 MW
- Transmission network - 187 km (total planned)
- Completed - 12.5 km
- 110 kv Tata Power Line from Davdi to Bhoini
- 22 kv MSEDCL line from Warasgaon to Bhoini Main Receiving Station
- Under development - 19.79 km
- 220 kv proposed transmission line from Bhira to Dhamanohol Receiving Station
- Distribution network - 422 km (total planned)
- Completed - 36.5 km
- Under development - 39.60 km